March was brimming with Mulberry at Handbag Clinic, with the Newcastle Store jam-packed with a range of Mulberry treats. Our Mulberry week was also a huge success, as we promoted a different must have Mulberry every day for one week. Each bag only lasted a few hours, with one even selling within just 20 minutes after we advertised it on social media!
Although we always stock a wide range of Mulberry items, the 'Bayswater Tote' is by far the most in demand item at Handbag Clinic. These totes never last long before being bought, as customers anticipate there arrival and eagerly wait to purchase them. Since we began to sell handbags we have had several 'Bayswater’s' on our shelves and none of them have ever lasted longer than 24 hours before being bought.
The iconic 'Bayswater' is always in high demand, and therefore as you would expect there are many replicas within the market which catch unsuspecting customers out all the time. At Handbag Clinic we understand how to check authenticity and ensure that every 'Bayswater' in our stores is thoroughly checked, from the serial number to the detailed stamping, we check every detail so there is no doubt your Mulberry from Handbag Clinic is genuine.
If like us, you love Mulberry, you will love these 5 Bayswater Facts which you can impress your friends with:
1. Mulberry usually named their bags after rural locations in England, but the Bayswater was one of the first Mulberry icons to venture into the city. The name Bayswater is taken from an upmarket, leafy district of London.
2. Mulberry was launched for just £500 in 1971 by mother-and-son team Joan and Roger Saul, but the iconic Baywaster was designed by Nicholas Knightly who joined the company in 2002.
3. The Bayswater was inspired by combining the design of a practical Doctors bag and the stylish Hermes Birkin. This hybrid perfectly mixes practicality and style making it the perfect modern woman’s bag.
4. The Bayswater was crowned the first ever British “It Bag”.
5. The Bayswater has been carried by a huge range of celebs, including Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Fearne Cotton and Michelle Keegan who are huge Mulberry fans and have regularly been papped with a Bayswater on their arm. The bag has even made it stateside on the like of Lauren Conrad, Blake Lively and Emma Roberts.
More News and Events...
This guide will highlight how to differentiate between replica and genuine Chanel handbags
Chanel have produced some of the most desirable handbags the world has ever seen for 107 years! However, with this success has come a huge counterfeit market. Handbag Clinic's handbag buyer, Charlotte, guides us through a number of tell-tale signs which you can use to identify imitation pieces.
The perfect all-in-one cleaning and protection kit for your handbag collection
At Handbag Clinic we are constantly researching and developing our product range to be able to offer the best possible products for your handbag, and our newest addition showcases this fact.
The top 6 handbag care tips you need to know, compiled by our expert workshop technicians
Maintenance of your handbag is integral to a long-lasting life. Experts from the Handbag Clinic workshop guide you through 6 top tips to care, protect and preserve your handbag and ensure you make the most of your prized possession.
At Handbag Clinic we refurbish many Louis Vuitton handbags, but one issue appears more than most
Handbag Clinic Chelsea store manager, Rav, reveals the most common issue with Louis Vuitton handbags that he comes across on a daily basis, and guides you through the best ways to treat and prevent this problem from reoccurring.